- Heating & Air
- Refrigeration Service
Whether you are looking to improve the indoor air quality of your home or business, turning your attention to your HVAC system is the way to go. An efficiently functioning HVAC system equipped with the right options can transform indoor air quality, making it a healthier environment for everyone. This is especially important during fall and winter when people are more likely to spend more time indoors. These five tips will help:
1. Have an HVAC technician do a fall inspection of your system to ensure that it is running optimally. They can check for adequate airflow and take care of any cleaning or tune-ups necessary to ensure it is performing at its absolute best.
2. Add a UV light to your HVAC system and reduce the germs circulating throughout your home or business. As air flows through the light, mold spores, viruses, and bacteria get neutralized, so you get exposed to fewer germs.
3. Choose high-quality air filters and replace them monthly. There is a huge difference in the effectiveness of more expensive, hypoallergenic air filters over the basic cheap filters. Opt for the highest MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) rating you can find to get the best indoor air quality.
4. With cooler temperatures comes the temptation to stop using your HVAC system. However, your system does more than temperature control in your home. It is directly responsible for indoor air quality; therefore it is important to use it for conditioned air rather than opening windows and allowing pollen and other particles into your home.
5. Fall and winter air is notoriously dry and irritating. Such irritation can make you more susceptible to illness. Adding a humidifier to your HVAC can ensure that the air in your home or business is always comfortable and healthy.
If you have concerns about indoor air quality, contact our team of professionals at Wilson Refrigeration & A/C Service to see how we can help.SCHEDULE Service
Chad Shealy at Wilson's Refrigeration is incredibly knowledgeable...and super friendly! You'll be glad you did!Jennifer Cannon